Thursday, April 1, 2010

In the beginning . . .




There was LOTS of pale yellow flat paint. With the help of my local Home Depot, Behr 2 in 1 primer and paint, and a motley crew of my mom, step dad, aunt, friends etc I was able to paint the entire interior in about 3 days. Now, the problem with the yellow wasn't so much that it was a bad color, it just wasn't doing any of the amazing hand finished plaster any justice.




Here we have my mom probably explaining why the medallion about the fireplace should be outdoors, which is where it actually ended up. Anyway, note the amazing plaster molded fireplace, built in bookcase, and original sconces, classic 1941 art deco architecture.


This is the arch from my dining area to the living room. Again note the flat paint that is a light blue of some kind. Not a bad color, just not doing the space any justice and certainly not a good match for my warm comfortable classic decorating scheme.




Not to worry, there will be after pictures in the coming week, I just want to catch everybody up on what we're working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment