Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Painted Deck

So the pergola and deck were installed last, last weekend, that is March 27th for everyone who doesn't speak fluent Maddy. So my car pool buddy/neighbor/coworker/mentor was kind enough to assist me in painting all the douglass fir for the pergola before it was installed. For this I used Behr Ultra paint and primer in one for exterior. The Deck however was left to be painted until after installation.
Well all that I managed after the pergola painting extravaganza was one coat of primer on the deck before the storm clouds came rolling in. So now I have deck that is bright white with http://kilz%202%20latex%20gallon%20white%20pigmented%20interior/Exterior%20Water-Based%20Sealer PrimerStainblocker. There
The game plan is to cover the primer with http://www.homedepot.com/Paint-Exterior-Paint-Stain/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xgtZbbbr/R-100583881/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 the paint is a deep red (exact name of color to come later) I'm pretty sure I unknowingly purchased the exact same deep red porch paint that is on my front porch so I'm hoping it will look just as good on the back deck.
For all of you wondering why I would paint over perfectly good wood, the answer is: it isn't perfectly good wood, it's bargain priced douglass fir which holds up best and lasts the longest when it is primed and painted, or so I'm told.
Since the sun is supposed to shine for the next 5 to 7 days and I dented open the top of my can of paint while moving my old couch out to the garage it looks like tonight I will start painting that red top coat! I hear a rumor my roommate really likes to paint so I'll try to rope her in too.

2 comments:

  1. This post would be significantly more fun with a pic of said pergola and deck...Have I taught you nothing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime trying to sneak in blogging from work means there is lack of photographic support!

    ReplyDelete