Thursday, April 22, 2010

Window Treatments


Ignore the giant brown leather couch in the foreground of the picture and look to the upper left hand corner at my corner window. This is the only window/windows in my large 10x14 living room. I don't mind it too much since if I had a giant picture window I would be looking out at a moderately busy street.


I have scoped out some hardware at IKEA that will make that corner manageable so I don't have to jam two sets of hardware into the corner, so now the next step is selecting curtains for the window.


Step 2 on my window covering project is to install curtains to layer over my classic faux wood 2inch white blinds. I have 3 options for curtains from the amazing Cost Plus1. Vivian Floral Curtain Panel is the brightest option with the most color and pattern. I suspect I'm in desperate need of both color and pattern in my living room since I have that huge leather couch but I am a little hesitant to jump in head first with these window treatments.


2. Bird and Botanical Burnout Curtain Panel The second option is a little more moderate as far as I'm concerned, it has pattern and color but both are much more subtle than the first option. I like the light airy feeling of these curtains and I'm not as worried about them clashing with my area rug.










3. White Cotton Voile Curtains these happen to be the best deal financially since you get 2 panels for $24.99 whereas the other curtains give you just one panel for the same price. Again, I like the light feeling of these curtains and I really like the notion that I don't need to know much about combining color and pattern.


To remind you all what the main color and pattern of my area rug is here is a visual :


HELP! What curtains should I get?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Your first choice will blend with the sofa and chair. I like the second best but the third is probably the cheapest and least expensive. Been reading this for sometime now ... you've done a good job and so I've told your mother so. My name is Rob and Mark and I have been friends for a long time. Yo' mama too! Good job on the blog and congratulations on the home purchase. Tell your mom that you have readers of the great DIY Hoe blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you choose, they'll add color to your window. It's better to have a curtain that fits the window size – not too big and not too small. Don't forget to remember the purpose of the blind for the window. If you want to control the amount of light entering your room, the first curtain is the best item to use. If you just want to add some decoration, the second one will do. :)

    #HomeCraftInc.com

    ReplyDelete